Monday 27 July 2020

Plant sketching

Last Friday I drew a few leaves of a Rimu tree. Here is the actual leaves and here is my drawing!

I also wrote a description and Identification in my book. This is what I wrote.
Description:This plant is a light green colour and it has sharp leaves that point upwards. This plant is the king of the forest and it is very common in the NZ bush.

Identification: This plant is called a Rimu and my drawing is only of a few leaves. Rimu is a large tree that grows up to 50m tall. Rimu trees grow very slowly reaching 800-900 years old. Rimu trees have very droopy leaves. The trunks of the Rimu trees are very thick and the bark is a red colour.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lily
    Kyah here from Greymain
    I love your drawing! It looks so similar to the picture that you added for what its ment to look like.
    I also love how you have added a picture of what its ment to look like.
    How long did it take to make?
    Did you enjoy making this?
    Keep up the good work!
    -Kyah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Kyah
    Thank you for the compliments!
    This drawing took me only about 20mins I didn't colour it in though because it would look better without colour.
    And yes I did enjoy making this!
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily.
      Thats great that you enjoyed making it.
      20mins? Wow thats really quick you sure have a nice taste of art, I think it would look better without colour too unless you made the whole thing with colour no pencil.
      Why did you pick a rimu to draw?
      Was this difficult to make?
      -Kyah

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.